Who is affected by this Policy
This policy applies to all members, volunteers, administrators, coaches, officials, players and visitors of the Piara Waters Junior Football Club.
Club recognises that smoking and passive smoking are hazardous to health. We will ensure a smoke-free environment by:
- Not selling tobacco products on the premises.
- Prominently displaying no-smoking signage.
- Discouraging parents / adults of players from smoking on match days and at training venues.
Junior Football has a zero tolerance to alcohol. Brining alcohol to the game or training session is not tolerated and anyone that does bring alcohol may get a Club suspension.
Club will promote the responsible adult use of alcohol at club functions by:
- Discouraging excessive or rapid consumption of alcohol eg. happy hours, drinking competitions.
- Bar staff are to implement responsible alcohol service at all times and have the right to refuse the sale of alcohol in accordance with the liquor licensing requirements.
- Promoting lower pricing on low and non-alcoholic drinks and providing free unbottled water, or bottled water for purchase at reduced price.
Club discourages the use of medications in respect of injury/recovery that
- Would enable a participant to compete where they would not otherwise have been able.
- The use of illicit drugs and performance enhancing drugs is not permitted by any Club members or patrons.
Club will take all reasonable steps to address sun safe practices by:
- Ensuring adequate shade is provided.
- Providing sunscreen at the Canteen for members, visitors and participants.
Club recognises the importance of good nutrition for sports performance by:
- Ensuring healthy alternatives are provided at the Canteen. The introduction of fresh fruit, bottled water, instant boil hot water system, new food warmers, new bain- marie, new freezer, and greater hygiene facilities for staff in preparation and handling of foods.
- Promoting good nutrition and healthy eating messages.
No Dogs Allowed on the Piara Waters Reserve
The Piara Waters Junior Football Club is located at the Piara Waters Reserve. This Reserve through the City of Armadale is under council local laws and dogs are prohibited on this Reserve. Dogs are allowed on the external paths around the Reserve.
Sports Safety and Injury Prevention
The Piara Waters Junior Football Club will encourage all members to adopt practices that seek to prevent injury by:
- Encouraging warm-up, stretching and cool-down as an important component of playing and training.
- Promoting the use of protective equipment including body padding,mouth-guards, suitable clothing and footwear.
- Providing safe playing surfaces, first aid equipment and accredited First Aiders / Sports Trainers at all training sessions and competition matches.
- Ensuring adequate public liability and player insurance for all members.
- Encouraging all players with a prior or current injury to seek professional advice from a sports medicine professional and be fully rehabilitated before returning to play.
Non compliance strategy
- The following four step non-compliance strategy will be followed if anyone breaches the Piara Waters Junior Football Club healthy club policy
Assume that the person is unaware of the policy.
- A staff member or club representative will approach the person breaching the policy and ask them to refrain from the behaviour and remind them about the policy.
- If an offence continues ( ie, someone continues to smoke in a smoke-free area or is intoxicated ) the most senior staff member will verbally warn them again and hand over a formal written letter. The letter will outline the healthy club policy and state that if the person continues the behaviour they will be asked to leave.
- If the offence does continue then the patron will be escorted out of the facility by staff and/or a senior club representative.
- If all steps have occurred the Club may issue a Club suspension.